Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Thing 20

This podcasting thing sure is not in my comfort zone. After spending several hours searching both EPN and Podcast Alley, I was frustrated. Many are just audio, which seems to me to be a lot of production for little value. I did not find anything that I was looking for. There are no or very little descriptors and it was a frustrating experience.

I did receive an email from Verizon Thinkfinity today and found that they have a podcast/video section. In looking through their website, I found excellent podcasts to use with all ages. Those links had great descriptions and I chose this page as my example of podcasting. http://www.readwritethink.org/beyondtheclassroom/summer/podcastsvideos/

To be honest, in my district, downloading is not allowed and iTunes is not allowed; therefore many of the skills taught in this "thing" are not skills that I will be able to practice or use at school. However, I will be able to use the Verizon Thinkfinity site and can direct students to those podcasts as examples of good technology tools.

I can see good uses for this tool, but with the restriction in our district, I am not so sure I will concentrate my adoption on podcasting. Babysteps are called for and there are many more "things" that can be used, with the idea that we can build to podcasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment